Landstar’s Field Safety Managers are responsible for contributing to the safety dialogue between Business Capacity Owners (BCOs), customers and agents.
“Our main goal is to reduce accidents and cargo claims,” said Landstar Field Safety Manager Kip Kaske. “Field Safety Managers provide a great resource for our Landstar agents, BCOs and customers.”
When Field Safety Managers assist in promoting Landstar’s safety culture, overall safety awareness increases.
“As Field Safety Managers, we help keep our nation’s highways safe,” said Landstar Field Safety Manager Jared Fritts. “Our job makes a difference in people’s lives.”
Field Safety managers are key to the following important safety initiatives at Landstar:
- M.U.S.T. (Mutual Understanding of Safety Together) – A unique program that brings Landstar representatives and customers together so that freight is delivered safely, on time, damage-free and in a professional manner.
- No-Zone Events – Providing safety education to the public about the No-Zone, and teaching motorists how to safely share the road with big trucks.
- Law Enforcement – Field Safety Managers promote Landstar’s safety message and build relationships by participating in local law enforcement events.
- Data & Information- Safety managers provide performance and participation data to Landstar Safety Officers (LSOs) and regional representatives. This includes promoting the LSO of the Month program and the Safety Thursday Conference Call.
- Safety Meetings – Safety managers help facilitate meetings across the country for BCOs, LSOs and agents. The meetings help Landstar communicate safety regulation changes and company and industry statistics, all while identifying best practices to reduce accidents and cargo claims.
Join Landstar Field Safety Managers on the February 18, 2016 Safety Thursday Conference Call. The call starts at 12 p.m. EST. Dial 1-877-717-5921 to join in.