More than 100 people turned out this month for a Texas-sized barbeque lunch and the formal grand opening of Landstar’s newest training and service center. The new facility, near the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex, is now providing Landstar Business Capacity Owners a safe and comfortable home away from home.
The $6 million, 10-acre facility provides showers, free laundry equipment, a state-of-the-art truck-driving simulator, classrooms for safety, business and load securement training, as well as onsite staff support for all Landstar BCOs. The new site replaces a now-outgrown property in Grand Prairie which was Landstar’s most-visited field location.
Some specifics about the new location:
• Lounge/breakroom with multiple TVs, tables and chairs
• Free laundry facility with commercial-grade washers and dryers
• Business center with six computers for use by the BCOs, and
• Large, private shower rooms
• Completely paved, fenced and secure parking area
• 140 tractor-trailer parking spaces, plus 150 spaces for cars
• Easy access for trucks from Texas Highway 183, near Highway 360
• Three large classrooms furnished with the latest audio-visual equipment. The classrooms are separated by soundproof partitions that can be folded away to host larger meetings or other company events in a single room.