Collisions in parking lots are among the most common accidents drivers experience. Just a small ding or dent may not seem that stressful, but it can cost drivers a lot of money and time.
- Be careful about accelerating and drive away slowly from any parking spot.
- Practice GOAL – “Get Out And Look” before you begin backing out of a parking spot.
- Keep your guard up until the brakes are set and the truck is in the desired position.
- Parking shortages continue to be a challenge for owner-operators. Consider using Apps like Trucker Tools and Trucker Path for help finding a place to stop and park.
- Watch out for pedestrians and, when it’s possible, park in an area where there is less pedestrian traffic.
- Consider security! Choose a well-lit area, preferably against a fence to reduce the chance of cargo theft.
Join the Safety Thursday Conference Call on Thursday March 17, 2016 at 12 p.m. EST. Dial 1-877-717-5921 to join in.